Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Howdy from Senior Spaces

My name is Ellen O'Brien and I'm the Senior Spaces librarian. I was hired and trained by Allan Kleiman to provide programs, computer training, readers' advisory and collection development for our customers who use the Large Print and Senior Spaces collections. I am responsible for the Senior Fridays programs, "Hot Topics" - the monthly women's discussion group and the Senior Spaces Movie Club. If you have any suggestions for these programs, please let me know. I also purchase the Large Print books and Senior Spaces books. If there is a book you'd enjoy that you think others might also like, I'd be happy to look into whether or not it would be appropriate for our collection.

I'll try to keep you posted as to what's new and what's coming up for Senior Spaces. I encourage you all to drop by the library, check out our programs, look at our books/DVDs/CDs and other materials and keep in touch.

Ellen O'Brien

No comments: